The Transportation Program Assistant – Ride Scheduler is responsible for helping older adults without smartphones utilize Lyft and Uber’s on-demand transportation services. Additional duties include conducting phone intakes for new clients and scheduling rides for our other services. This is a fun and rewarding opportunity for someone who enjoys talking on the phone and who is extremely organized and patient.
- Oversight and provision of dispatching and routing services to older adults.
- Conducting basic intakes for interested individuals and maintaining intake data.
- Using databases to create, maintain and monitor computerized daily manifests/schedules for dispatching and routing transit services and oversee all rides.
- Providing referrals (and follow-up of those referrals) for those who require a different type of transit service (such as door-through-door, Paratransit, etc.).
- Staying in close communication with rider and driver to assure smooth ride experience.
- Performing a wide variety of clerical duties including answering a multi-line phone, data entry and typing; maintaining accurate records, logs and files and helping to oversee the preparation and accuracy of monthly reports.
- Providing quality customer service and response to public inquiries and requests for service in a courteous and unfailingly patient manner.
- Tracking costs of rides, sending bills to riders for each ride, and tracking payments.
- Related duties as required.
- Program responsibility and strong tech capability
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Bilingual English/Mandarin or English/Spanish is a plus.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping preferred.
- Dispatching techniques preferred.
- Learn the operation and goals of LIFE ElderCare in the context of this project.
- Create and maintain a detailed schedule for dispatching services.
- Effectively handle occasionally difficult stakeholder inquiries.
- Operate word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Perform a wide variety of general clerical duties.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of transportation services.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task while keeping a calm demeanor.
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter to info@LifeElderCare.org.
LIFE ElderCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, marital status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or age. LIFE desires to create a positive work environment and subscribes to the belief that having a respectful and diverse workplace enriches the organization and aids the fulfillment of its mission.