Become a VIP Rides volunteer driver.
- Live in Alameda County
- Have no one to help you with transportation and essential errands some or all of the time
About the Program
Do you miss doctor’s appointments because you have no way to get there? Do you need help getting to the grocery store and actually getting your shopping done? Or do you need a steady arm, visual guidance, or help filling out forms at the doctor’s office? Our trained, screened volunteers can drive you to your destination, PLUS:
- Push wheelchairs for Paratransit riders.
- Provide a steady arm for riders when walking or climbing stairs, or if visually impaired.
- Assist with shopping (selecting items from a shelf, pushing cart, carrying packages).
- Provide directional assistance (reading signs, asking for directions).
This program is partially funded by the Alameda County Transportation Commission, using your Measure B tax dollars; the City of Hayward; and generous individuals, organizations, and businesses in the community.