The Fall Prevention Program Coordinator position is a fun and rewarding opportunity to work closely with older adults in the community and make a visible difference in their lives. The Coordinator works closely with the Fall Prevention Program Manager to participate in all aspects of the unique LIFE ElderCare program. The program employs strategies and interventions to help seniors decrease their risk of falling and improve their overall health. The position also works with teams of nursing students and their professors from Ohlone, CalState East Bay, and Samuel Merritt colleges.
- Educate older adults in fall risk interventions
- Teach evidence-based exercise to older adults
- Use a medication management software program to help make sure seniors are using meds safely
- Monitor results of the programming and use pre/post assessments to evaluate impact
- Participate in County Senior Injury Prevention Coalition and other meetings
- Help Manager maintain accurate client database in SalesForce
- Help Manager provide initial orientations to nursing students; motivating them to learn the importance of preventing falls
- Seek ways to improve upon and streamline the process of the Fall Prevention Program
- Excellent organizational, project management, and computer skills
- Ability to treat each client, volunteer, and staff member with dignity and respect
- Sensitivity, flexibility and top-of-the-line interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the organization and the goals of the program
- Must have excellent English speaking and writing ability. Additional Mandarin or Cantonese language strongly preferred
- A current Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology certification is required
- Experience as a Fitness Instructor, preferably with older adults
- Experience in Fall Prevention work preferred but will train the right candidate Physical Demands:
- Visiting homes in Alameda County. (Mileage reimbursed) Must have a reliable vehicle
- Lots of physical movement, as an organic aspect to the job
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter to info@LifeElderCare.org.
LIFE ElderCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, marital status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or age. LIFE desires to create a positive work environment and subscribes to the belief that having a respectful and diverse workplace enriches the organization and aids the fulfillment of its mission.