The Driver is responsible for transporting elders to and from medical appointments, grocery shopping and other errands. This person will also assist riders in minor ways – such as providing a steady arm or visual assistance, filling out forms, or pushing a grocery cart as needed to ensure that riders are able to complete their tasks.
- Excellent driving record
- Excellent communication skills and be sincerely compassionate approach to elders
- Sensitivity, flexibility, good interpersonal skills, organizational skills and infinite patience
- Interest in the needs and well-being of seniors and non-seniors with disabilities
- Provide proof of vehicle insurance
- Clear criminal background and fingerprint check
- Ability to determine and spot risk factors regarding seniors and report to office staff as necessary
- Determine whether current Transportation procedures are effective and efficient and report needed changes to the Transportation Program Coordinator
- Must speak excellent English – bilingual Spanish is a big plus
- While no lifting of the rider is required, must be able to accommodate someone with a steady arm and lift bags of groceries and other items as needed
- Drive routes safely as assigned
- While driving, there may be exposure to weather conditions; for example cold, rain, or heat while assisting clients.
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter to info@LifeElderCare.org.
LIFE ElderCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, marital status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or age. LIFE desires to create a positive work environment and subscribes to the belief that having a respectful and diverse workplace enriches the organization and aids the fulfillment of its mission.