About the Program
Do you miss doctor’s appointments because you have no way to get there? Do you need help getting to the grocery store and actually getting your shopping done? Or do you need a steady arm, visual guidance, or help filling out forms at the doctor’s office? Our trained, screened volunteers can drive you to your destination, PLUS:
- Push wheelchairs for Paratransit riders
- Provide a steady arm for riders when walking or climbing stairs, or if visually impaired
- Assist with shopping (selecting items from a shelf, pushing cart, carrying packages)
- Provide directional assistance (reading signs, asking for directions)
- Live in Alameda County
- Age 80+ or 18-79 with qualifying disabilities
- Have no one to help you with transportation and essential errands some or all of the time
- Please call for detailed eligibility
For questions about the program or to enroll, please call (510) 894-0370, email info@LifeElderCare.org, or sign up online.
Learn more about volunteering or sign up to become a volunteer driver.
Información en español
中文信息 (Zhōngwén xìnxī)
This program is funded by the Alameda County Transportation Commission, using your Measure B tax dollars.