To sign up for services or ask questions about the program, contact Sandy Hallgren, Meals on Wheels Coordinator.
To volunteer as a driver, contact Tammy Duran, Meals on Wheels Volunteer Coordinator.
About the Program
- View April 2015 MOW Menus
- Simple, healthy, good-tasting meals delivered to your home.
- Great way to get at least one nutritious meal a day.
- Used by many seniors with adult children who find it difficult to prepare a whole midday meal for their parents each day
- Chinese seniors also find many of the food options appealing
We are currently delivering almost 100,000 meals per year throughout Newark, Fremont and Union City with the help of 250 volunteers. Our well-trained, screened volunteers deliver hot, nutritious mid-day meals Monday through Friday, with frozen meals to heat up available for the weekend.
Along with the regular meals, we also have vegetarian, renal; and diabetic menu options.